- Performance & Usability
- Electrical/Digital Features
- Depth Detection
- Target Identification
- Price Point
- Battery Life
- Weight and Balance
- Warranty and Support
OverallCHECK PRICE ON AMAZON.COM
The Minelab X-Terra 305 Metal Detector is a best in class bang for the buck entry level metal detector. A no frills get-r-done detector that is light, durable with good battery life. It has Minelab’s interesting VFLEX technology for changing frequencies and excellent features. It also has a short shaft option for youngsters.
- Minelab’s proprietary "True Digital" VFLEX technology, then new class of single frequency detectors – you can change the operating frequency simply by changing coils.
- Compatible with Medium Frequency (7kHz) and High Frequency (18.75kHz) coils – 6 accessory coil options offer increased versatility.
- Accurate Ground Balance capability with manual adjustment of 0-20, allows the user to adjust to ground mineralization easily.
- 2 preset patterns, that can also be customised, plus All-Metal mode.
- Choice of 1,2 or 3 tone ID’s plus multi-tone Target ID (12) response. This allows greater flexibility in deciding how target signals are represented.
- Threshold adjustment, with a range of -5 to 25 allowing the user to set threshold to levels where slight variations from either very small shallow, or very large deep, targets can be noticed.
- Noise Cancel function with 3 manual settings allowing the user to pick the quietest channel for detecting.
- Rapid recovery Pin-Point with variable tone and graphical indicator.
- Target Volume adjust (0-10) allowing you to get more definitive audio information on each target.
- Depth indicator, updates continuously, even in Pinpoint mode.
- Positive reflective LCD display.
- Runs on just 4 x AA batteries.
- Ultra lightweight, balanced design (only 1.3kgs).
Minelab X-Terra 305 Metal Detector Package Includes:
- X-Terra Armrest Strap
- 24" Lower Shaft Assembly (X-Terra Series)
- X-Terra 9" Coil Cover
- Application: Coin, Relic, Jewellery & Beach
- Technology: VFLEX
- Frequency/Transmission: 7.5 & 18.75kHz - change frequency by changing coils
- Coil: (standard) 9" Concentric lightweight, waterproof 7.5kHz
- Audio Output: Internal speaker & 6.35mm (1/4") headphone jack.
- Headphones: Supplied Optional accessory.
- Visual Display: Large monochrome 76mm x 37mm (3" x 1.75") positive reflective LCD.
- Memory: Remembers user settings even if batteries are removed.
- Depth Indication: 5 depth indication icons.
- Detect Modes: (1) Coin & Treasure.
- Discrimination: Two factory Discrimination patterns that can be personalised & All Metal. 12 segment
- Discrimination scale.
- Audio tone: 1, 2, 3 & Mutli.
- Ground Balance: Manual adjustment 0 to 20.
- Pinpoint: Audio & visual.
- Sensitivity Adjust: Adjustable (1 to 10).
- Tune / Noise Cancel: 3 Channels (-1, 0, 1).
- Threshold: Adjustable (-5 to 25).
- Target Volume Adjust: Adjustable (0 to 10).
- Battery: 4xAA Alkaline/Carbon/Lithium or NiMH/NiCad (not included).
- Low battery alert: Audio & visual alert.
- Length: 1220mm - 1420mm (48" - 56").
- Weight: 1.3kg (2.9lbs) (ex. battery).
- Warranty: 3 years control box & coil.
Minelab Americas Inc
SALES, SUPPORT & SERVICE
1938 University Lane, Ste. A
Lisle, IL 60532, USA
Toll Free: 1-888-949-6522
T: 1-630-401-8150 | F: 1-630-401-8180
Email (service): email@example.com for Service
Email (support): firstname.lastname@example.org for Consumer products
Minelab X-Terra 305 Brochure:
Minelab X-Terra 305 Manual:
Minelab X-Terra 305 Field Guide: